Who’s excited for a new series here on the blog?! I’m always sharing my kitchen over on Instagram and thought it was time I started a bit here on the blog/YouTube! Today I’m sharing one of our families FAVORITE weeknight meals! This dinner screams comfort food! It cooks all day in the slow-cooker and ready to eat when you are!
Slow-Cooker Sunday! – Easy Hashbrown CasseroleCourse: Quick & Easy DinnerDifficulty: Easy
This recipe can easily be tailored to meet your families likes/dislikes! Add your favorite ingredients to add your own special touch! I love to add red and green peppers to mine sometimes for a southwest flair!
1 1/2 – 2 lbs of ground meat, I used turkey in my video but have used lean ground beef and sausage in the past
1 package of frozen hash brown potatoes, typically 24-32 oz
2 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk
2 cups of shredded cheese, I like to use sharp cheddar or white cheddar cheeses
1/2 of one large onion diced, or throw in the entire thing if your family loves onion like mine 🙂
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste!
- Brown your ground meat
- Dice up your onion and any other veggies you’re tossing in
- Toss your veggies in with your meat mixture to get them cooked a bit
- Add meat and veggies to your slow-cooker
- Add soup mixture, milk, potatoes and cheese into the slow-cooker then mix everything together!
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Top with more cheese, green onions or even crispy bacon! You can really make it your own in this last step…throw on whatever you love right on top! Oh and don’t forget the hot sauce!
Looking for a link to a product mentioned today or in one of my IG/TikTok posts? Try HERE: https://gatormom.com/shop-my-favs Some links featured on this post and linked throughout my website may contain affiliate links. Thanks so much for shopping through them. I appreciate you always thinking of me! 🙂
Have the BEST day!